Monday, April 13, 2009

Final Reflection

It will be soon that this three-month course is coming to the end. During this period of time, I have benefited a lot from what I have learned.


Professional communication is not only about the interaction and conversation between people, but also includes efficient writing skills. I have learned to write effectively in different types of formats ranging from business correspondence and survey report to resume and job application letter.


Through the conduction of a survey, I have been exposed to the proper way of writing a survey report and also presenting the report in groups. During the process of writing the survey report, I have come across situations where there were confusion and disagreement between my teammates and me. However, because of all the difficulties we faced with, we have learned to convey our messages to each other in a clearer and more concise way. It has further convinced me of the importance of effective communication.


In addition, intercultural communication is another crucial aspect in sustaining a good relationship between people from different races and cultures. It is important to take note of the cultures of people whom we interact with, so as to avoid unnecessary misinterpretations and conflicts.


Although sometimes it was hard for me to cope with the workloads of this course while there is a need for my commitment in other modules at the same time, I still appreciate it much as I have gone through many new experiences during this short period of time. Sometimes, it is the process that matters and which is more precious than the outcome.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sin Hui,

    Yup I agree with you that the process is the memorable part! But well, being a student, outcomes are important as well. And the different forms of communication we have gone through were an experience gained. Hope that you will be able to apply it in future.

    All the best for your future endeavors! ;)

    Cheers,
    Jialing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sin Hui!

    To me, the survey project was rather tedious given the fact that i had weekly reports to do, but seeing the report take "shape" and finally completing it really does gives you a sense of satisfaction doesn't it?

    I've had fun going through with you some of the work exercises together, and i hope that you've learnt things as i've did =]

    Cheers! and good luck for your exams!

    Woei Perng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jialing.

    Thanks for your comments! All the best to you too in the coming examinations;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Woei Perng.

    I share the same thought with you. It does give me a sense of satisfaction seeing the report finally completed.

    It's been great to know you and go through the exercises with you. I think you are the person whom I partner with for most of the time.

    All the best for the coming examinations!

    ReplyDelete